O, The Oprah Magazine
Location: New York, NY
O, The Oprah Magazine is seeking an associate editor to conceive, pitch, assign and edit the front-of-book section Live Your Best Life, 6 to 8 pages monthly. Job requires some knowledge of pop culture and a hunter-gatherer’s nose for compelling personal stories, as well as a feel for the O sensibility and tone. Must also pitch stories for, and occasionally assist on, monthly feature well packages. Interest in, and knowledge about, food edit is not essential but a big plus. Candidates must have minimum three years of experience at a major consumer magazine.
Click Here to submit an online application.
Location: New York, NY
- Assist in coordinating the publication process from manuscript to book, including drafting contracts and securing permissions, licensing, and photographic procurement as needed.
Solicit, organize, and handle author bios, photos, and digital author profile.
Monitor the production schedule and maintain communication with authors and agents.
Read, edit, and judge submissions, publicity, copyediting, and design documents.
Prepare and respond to routine correspondence, answer telephones, and take messages as appropriate.
Receive and sort correspondence, make travel arrangements and appointments, maintain and update files and records.
Prepare expense reports and process invoices.
Draft fact sheet copy, selling copy, and flap copy as needed.
Coordinate material for in-house planning and pre-sales meetings.
Manage the Instagram account and assist with general social media presence.
Compile and submit galley orders to production.
Manage Edelweiss e-galley requests, poster requests, and marketing video requests.
Manage and carry out title-specific mailings to bloggers.
Perform administrative duties as necessary.
- 4 year college degree or equivalent work experience
- Detail-oriented, well-organized, and able to set priorities under pressure
- Ability to interact confidently with internal and external executives in a personable and professional manner
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot departmental issues before they become problems
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional writing skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Loves books!
Click Here to apply online.
Title: Digital Marketing Assistant, Literary Agency
Lowenstein Associates seeks a Digital Marketing Assistant to handle multiple aspects of the agency’s digital business, including the development of social media campaigns, digital publishing initiatives, and client’s online platforms.
• Advise authors on promotion, marketing, and brand development, with a focus on social media
• Develop partnerships and cross promotions with publishers to maximize awareness and potential sales of all titles.
• Be the point of contact for the marketing, publicity, and editorial contacts for clients’ titles
• Identify growth opportunities and digital trends and recommend new opportunities to grow the client’s digital presence
• Performs general administrative duties including scheduling, ordering books and supplies, database and records management, and other processes
We seek a self-starter who thrives in a small, tight-knit office. Candidates should have a firm grasp of the fundamentals, but be excited by what’s happening in the business today, and be eager to create new ways to foster discussion of our books online.
Strong administrative skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office are a must. Prior experience in a literary agency or publishing house is desirable, as is experience with digital marketing and a grasp of the ebook landscape. Interest in non-fiction a plus. Opportunity to build own list.
Job requirements and compensation commensurate with experience. Inquiries will be kept strictly confidential.
Bachelor’s degree and at least one year work experience in an administrative or office-type environment. Publishing experience VERY strongly preferred.
Email cover letter and resume together as ONE WORD DOCUMENT ATTACHMENT to emily[at]bookhaven[dot]com