Hachette Book Group
Location: New York, NY
The Marketing Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and operational support to the New York-based Marketing Director of the Hachette Nashville division, which includes the FaithWords, Center Street and Jericho imprints.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as marketing operations liaison to outside advertising agency.
- Upload art files to ad agency FTP and coordinate delivery of TV spots to ad agency FTP
- Manage the content for the Center Street Facebook and Twitter accounts and well as provide additional support for FW and Jericho social media.
- Create graphics for social media.
- Edit author videos
- Distribute author videos and book trailers to accounts
- Post costs and details of ads and publicity on HBG’s online publishing portal
- Process invoices and expense reports
- Manage signed editions
- Create agenda for weekly marketing meetings,
- Record and circulate marketing meeting minutes
- Coordinate materials for sales reps including fact sheet and supplemental materials
- Execute mailings and special projects, order books and supplies,
- Manage coordination with Nashville office
- Must be extremely organized, detail-oriented, and have the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to work well independently with excellent accurate work product and demonstrate good follow up and follow through
- Ability to cheerfully collaborative with a team that is 1000 miles away
- Facility with social media
- Interest in Publishing in general and if possible, specifically in inspirational publishing as well as conservative political titles
- Working knowledge of Photoshop and iMovie
To Apply: Click Here to apply online.
Type: Full time
Location: New York, New York
-Managing the fashion closet and a team of 4-5 freelance fashion assistants
-Overseeing the sample trafficking in and out of the fashion closet
-Liaising between the editors and PR coordinators in order fulfill every editor’s market
-Maintaining organization and order within the fashion closet
-Arranging messengers to pick up and delivery samples
-Assisting at run through’s, fitting’s and fashion shoots
-Administrative duties for Fashion Director and Fashion Market Editor
-More responsibilities will be thoroughly explained during the interview
Click here to apply online.
And, if you want to get out of the city and enjoy some California sun…
Location: San Francisco, CA
The Copy Editor is responsible for editing copy that appears in VIZ Media magazines, graphic novels, trade books, catalogues, and promotional materials for errors of grammar, spelling, punctuation, clarity, accuracy, and completeness. The Copy Editor implements the guidelines for the overall quality and style standards of VIZ products.
1. Copy edits lettered pages of graphic novels, as well as other assigned text, for accuracy and clarity
2. Proofreads internal layouts of covers and miscellaneous text for graphic novels
3. Proofreads graphic novels and covers at blueline stage
4. Checks for consistency in design, including elements such as page sequence, logos, bar codes, and pricing.
5. Implements house style, adhering to Chicago Manual of Style guidelines (& AP where applicable)
6. Works closely with Copy Chief to identify problems and solutions
7. Processes books for reprinting
8. Maintains Copy Desk library
In addition to these responsibilities, performs other activities as assigned.
• Keen proofreading eye a MUST
• Excellent English language skills, including knowledge of grammar and style a MUST
• Professional experience with standard style guides, such as Chicago Manual of Style or The Associated Press Stylebook a MUST
• Strong knowledge of book publishing, comics, manga, or anime a PLUS
• Ability to successfully write and edit high-quality copy and maintain continuity in assigned projects
• Ability to make both business-oriented and creative judgments
• Proficiency with computer usage, including email, Internet, and standard software
• Ability to speak, read, and write effectively in English
• Ability to pay strong attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines
• Ability to communicate and interact professionally with culturally diverse clients, providers, and staff
• Ability to work effectively in a small organization with an emphasis on teamwork
• Ability to work legally in the United States
• Ability to live in/commute to the San Francisco Bay Area
MINIMUM PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, AND EDUCATION
• 3-5 years of copy editing experience, preferably in a publishing environment
• Equivalent of Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Creative Writing, Comparative Literature, Communications, or related fields from an accredited college or university, or equivalent, with a record that demonstrates suitable preparation for this position.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Approximately 90% of time spent on the job involves use of a video display terminal; therefore, must be able to sit for extended periods and to utilize standard ergonomics practices. Primarily works in an office environment, requiring the following activity: lifting and carrying materials weighing up to 15 pounds, kneeling, bending. Must be able to use standard office equipment such as copiers and faxes.
As part of a multi-media entertainment company, employees may be subjected to work-related images including content such as: sexually explicit images, nudity, and graphic violence. Employees should be willing to work with this type of content. VIZ Media does not condone the viewing of this content where not work-related.
Employees must adhere to all applicable VIZ Media policies and procedures. Regular and predictable attendance is required. Willingness and ability to work non-standard business hours, such as nights and weekends, on an as-needed basis is required. Employees must be able to cope effectively with deadlines and multiple demands.
|Please send your detailed cover letter, resume, AND salary requirements. Please specify “Copy Editor” when applying. By e-mail (NO ATTACHMENTS!!!) to firstname.lastname@example.org NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!|