Location: New York, NY
Do you want to be the voice of rebellion? Inked magazine is looking to add to their online team. We are seeking a web/social media editor who knows what’s trendy and trending. This is a full-time position with long-term career opportunity. We are seeking a talented, experienced thinker with the voice to speak to our community and the social media savvy to engage a wide and dedicated audience. We need a self-starter who can work independently but also add to the dynamism of our squad. Tattoo knowledge is a plus but not required. Neither is having tattoos.
If you would like to be considered for the position, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, a cover letter (including what grammatical error was made in the above paragraph), a few clips and a summation of yourself in 140 characters or less.
Title: Digital Marketing Assistant
Location: New York, NY
The Random House marketing department is seeking a Digital Marketing Assistant to join the team and work on our digital-exclusive imprints: Loveswept, Alibi, Hydra, & Flirt. While performing a variety of tasks, this position offers the opportunity to learn about the entire process of marketing to the e-original market including assisting with blog tours, social media, advertising, and website management.
The Digital Marketing Assistant:
1: Assists with creating marketing and social media plans for titles on our digital-exclusive imprints list
2: Coordinates blog tours for our digital-exclusive titles
3: Helps manage our digital imprint websites and social media accounts
4: Liaises with editorial, managing editorial, and production to create digital galleys
5: Works closely with ad/promo to design promotional material for authors
6: Provides administrative support including scheduling weekly and monthly meetings
7: Participates in the planning of annual conferences and conventions
8: Works on special projects as needed
- 4 year college degree
- Prior office experience; experience within book publishing/marketing is a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team
- Proactive with strong follow-up skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with various social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, and WordPress a plus
Submit application to
Please apply using their online application process.
For more information, please visit:
Title: Production Assistant
Location: Boston, MA
We are a small, nonprofit publisher with a great entry-level opportunity for an individual to assist in all aspects of production, from manuscript to completed book. We are interested in finding a motivated person to maintain high production value and pay attention to changing industry standards in both print and digital realms. This person will report directly to the production manager, assisting with various duties and taking responsibility for new titles, reprints, and future projects. This is not an editorial position.
The production assistant’s core responsibilities:
1. Implements changes to cover and interior files, performs quality control checks, and preps files for print and ebook production.
2. Manages ebook production, working with the marketing department on digital materials, distributing files through various distribution channels, and addressing issues of product quality.
3. Handles requests for production materials from internal departments.
4. Manages circulation of proofing materials throughout all phases of production.
5. Maintains Book Production Status Report and office production board.
6. Assists in maintaining production schedule for all print books and ebooks.
This is a salaried position with great potential for growth. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits package, which includes health, dental, disability, and life insurance, a 401k, and generous vacation time.
• Interest in publishing and current industry challenges and trends
• Excellent English grammar and proofreading skills
• 4 year college degree or equivalent work experience
• Excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to manage multiple responsibilities in a deadline-driven environment
• Proficiency with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Acrobat, as well as with Quark, Excel, and Word strongly preferred.
|Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Indicate “Production Assistant” in the subject line. No phone calls/agencies please.|