Title/Position: Editorial Intern
Location: New York, NY
Employment Type: Internship
Crooked Lane Books is looking for a creative, ambitious, and versatile intern to join our team. This is a unique, ground floor opportunity with immediate chances for learning and growth that would challenge any editorial intern. Duties include general administrative tasks, evaluation of submissions, and assistance with all aspects of the publishing process including marketing and production.
Essential job responsibilities include:
- Support the publishing process from acquisition through publication.
- Interact with all departments at Crooked Lane, including editorial, publicity, marketing, production, art, sales, and rights.
- Assist with preparing manuscripts for copyediting and production, including some basic proofreading.
- Review and evaluate submissions and draft reader’s reports and declines.
- Distribute marketing material to bookstores and publicity outlets.
- Have a working knowledge of social media and experience building social media presence.
- Research special projects as they arise.
The ideal candidate would be pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with interest or experience in book publishing. Candidates must be organized and detail-oriented and are able to work on projects that require a diverse skill set and rigorous analytical thinking and the ability to support multiple projects simultaneously. S/he must be passionate about books and the processes that deliver them to readers. S/he should be independent, professional, and poised to launch his/her publishing career. An interest in mysteries is a plus.
If interested in applying email Professor Denning at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Crooked Lane Books
Founded in 2014, Crooked Lane Books is the first imprint from the publishing house Quick Brown Fox & Co. Our goal is to produce the highest quality mysteries, thrillers, and suspense titles for crime fiction readers in both print and electronic editions. Our business relationships include some of the most innovative and respected companies in the industry, including Legato/Perseus Distribution, Bookspan book clubs, and Blackstone audio books. With our experienced team, hands-on approach, and innovative marketing techniques, Crooked Lane Books partners with each author to consistently excite, delight, and entertain passionate readers of genre fiction.