Skyhorse Publishing, one of the fastest growing independent publishers in America, is seeking energetic, team-oriented interns to work in various departments such as finance, royalties, operations, and HR. This is a paid summer internship, ideally suited for someone eager to learn and grow in this industry. The internship would run from June 6th through August 26th, but dates are flexible depending on candidates’ needs.
As an intern, the candidates will be responsible for assisting their manager/department with daily tasks and for seeking out learning opportunities.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Helping maintain employee files, updating and obtaining missing documents
• Filing remaining physical invoices and digitalizing invoices
• Organizing files on server
• Creating Mailing Lists according to common categories and interests
• Scanning contracts
• Updating title information for the backlist
• Attending weekly meetings
Length of Internship: June – August (3 months)
Requirements: • Pursuing BA in English or related field
• Prior internship/experience in publishing preferred
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and very well-organized
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Passion for books and book publishing
• Up-for-anything attitude
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Location: New York, NY
Application Due Date: May 23rd, 2016
Payment: $9.00 per hour
How To Apply For This Internship: To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with resume, position applying for, and cover letter. Applications missing cover letters will not be considered.