As the Associate Director of Publicity at Rizzoli, one of our alums Jessica Napp had the amazing opportunity to work on a photo album of the legendary Tina Turner! In Jessica’s own words, “I remember watching What’s Love Got To Do With It for the first time and being captivated by Tina’s story. Generationally speaking, I am too young to have known Tina from her days with Ike, but she was the powerhouse of my MTV and Mad Max childhood viewing. I think that is why I love this book so much; this is Tina looking back on her life celebrating the moments that have meant the most to her, her personal highlight reel…on her own terms!”

“Tina Turner has always been a glorious force to be reckoned with; for more than sixty years, Tina has captivated audiences all over the world. For the first time, Tina has assembled an exceptional collection of images and ephemera to mark her eightieth birthday (November 26, 1939). Lavishly illustrated, Tina Turner: That’s My Life is the first authorized pictorial biography by the legendary performing artist, containing iconic as well as never-before-seen candid photos, letters, and other personal items from The Queen of Rock ‘n’ Roll—from her early career to today. Featuring the work of world-renowned photographers including Peter Lindbergh, Annie Leibovitz, Bruce Weber, Anton Corbijn, Herb Ritts, Andy Warhol, Lord Snowdon, and Paul Cox among others and illustrations by fashion designers who were inspired by Tina, including Christian Louboutin, Antonio, and Bob Mackie, this the ultimate scrapbook for Tina’s fans worldwide.”

–Rizzoli Press release

“I’ve had the privilege of working with so many legendary photographers and designers, and I’m so grateful to all of them for their incredible ability to capture the truth in my face and the energy of my movements. When I see their work in the book, I feel as if I am dancing through the pages, and it makes me very happy.”

For more info, check out the rest of Rizzoli’s press release here!