The end of the year is upon us and our favorite news outlets are ranking the best authors and books. It comes as no surprise that author E.L James is referenced time and time again, as her 50 Shades series tore up the best seller list all year. Other big names include The Hunger Games series and Diary of a Wimpy Kid. Check out these links for more big news in the publishing field.
- Publisher’s Weekly announces E. L James, author of 50 Shades of Gray, as their Publishing Person of the Year.
- Nobel Prize for Literature winner Mo Yan gets profiled in this interesting Huffington Post Piece.
- See what people are really purchasing this year on Amazon’s Best Sellers of 2012 or take a look at their eBook List. Fifty Shades of Grey, Fifty Shades Darker, Fifty Shads Freed & the Hunger Games… sensing a pattern here!
- New York Time’s 10 Best Books as selected by the New York Times Book Review.
- The Huffington Post’s editors select the best books of 2012.
- Popular book community Good Reads ranks the best of the year, as voted by members of the website.
- The Independent Publisher’s Book Awards feature lesser known authors deserving of praise. Check out their organization and list of winners.
- 2012 might very well be remembered as the year the eBook really took off. Cnet ranks the year’s best devices. What are the features that give one device an advantage over another?
- National Book Awards
- Fiction: Louise Erdrich, The Round House (Harper, an imprint of HarperCollinsPublishers)
- Nonfiction: Katherine Boo, Behind the Beautiful Forevers: Life, Death, and Hope in a Mumbai Undercity (Random House)
- Poetry: David Ferry, Bewilderment: New Poems and Translations (University of Chicago Press)
- Young People’s Literature: William Alexander, Goblin Secrets (Margaret K. McElderry Books, an imprint of Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing)
What were your favorite books this year? Leave your answers in the comments!