This week we are featuring two excellent employment opportunities. The first, for those interested in books is at Hachette Digital, Inc. and the second for magazine publishing professionals is at NYLON magazine! Check them out below, apply if interested and let us know if you get one of them! Good luck!
1. Job Description: ebook Operations and Client Service Coordinator at Hachette Digital, Inc
The e-Book Operations and Client Service Coordinator will oversee product development and operations for EPUB-based special projects for the Hachette Book Group and distribution clients. This position reports into the eBook Product Development Manager. The ideal candidate will have experience in all of the following areas: XML, ONIX, EPUB, and e-book production.
- Coordinate day-to-day production for all third-party titles distribution clients who elect to have Hachette produce content for them;
- Helpcoordinate HBG digital projects including: illustrated titles, digital-only, enhanced e-books, and other special edition EPUB-based products, with Product Development Manager;
- Manage schedules and inventory control for special and client-based digital projects;
- Function as primary contact for internal production teams and vendors for assigned projects;
- Oversee QA of special projects in partnership with editorial and managing editorial teams; manage QA directly for third-party clients;
- Implement and monitor distribution client standard design protocols;
- Serve as primary point of contact for distribution clients in support of HBG distribution business
2. NYLON Daily Newsletter Editor
Job/Internship type: Part-time
Company/Publication Name: NYLON Magazine
Location: New York, NY
Description: NYLON Magazine is hiring a part-time editor for our NYLON Daily newsletters. Responsibilities include researching, writing, and editing content for each of the 10 daily city newsletters, creating crossover content for the NYLON website, as well as potential writing opportunities across NYLON’s platforms. Applicants must have a strong research and editorial background, a basic knowledge of Photoshop, as well as their finger on the pulse when it comes to the latest and greatest in fashion, beauty, music, culture, and more (not to mention an understanding of the NYLON brand).
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years experience in digital publishing
- Strong knowledge of with Outlook, Excel, Access
- Experience with XML, ONIX, EPUB, OeB, and other e-book-related data formats
- Experience in trade book publishing and production processes related to e-book creation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Candidate must be detail- and accuracy-oriented and have the ability to balance many projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while maintaining high standards of quality
The part-time position is three days a week in the NYLON office, with the
possibility of it becoming full-time.
Contact: To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.