The MS in Publishing Blog would like to take this time to introduce our new feature, News from the French Building!   This section of the blog encourages Alumni, Faculty and Advisory Board members to share news about their publications, new jobs, recent successes, promotions and positions on boards with blog readers.  Anyone interested in submitting to this feature should contact Prof. Jane Denning at jdenning@pace.edu or the Publishing Office email account, puboffice@pace.edu.

We look forward to reading about all of your continued success!  Below are the first installments to this feature from recent program graduates, Hannah Bennett and Lisa Hartman.

Hannah Bennett graduated from the MS in Publishing program in December 2012. She interned with RosettaBooks during her last semester in the program, and began working with them full-time in January as the Production and Distribution Associate.  RosettaBooks is a leading independent ebook publisher, annually selling over 1,000,000 ebooks worldwide. Hannah’s job entails the quality assurance of ebooks, including working with digitizers and proofreaders to ensure the best possible products. RosettaBooks is a small and growing company, and Hannah is excited to be working with a forward-thinking company and expanding her knowledge of the ebook business.

“After spending the majority of my time in NYC while completing the MS in Publishing degree from Pace, I relocated back to my hometown of Columbia, Missouri in December for my final semester of the program. I was offered a position with Missouri.com, a start-up online magazine that highlights each major city and its culture. I was brought in as a Marketing Consultant for Columbia where I’ll be selling our digital marketing services to local business owners as well as help them set up their profiles on Missouri.com. Additionally, they decided to keep me involved in the design process of client websites and marketing materials based on my publishing background. Since Missouri.com was only launched two months ago, we will eventually be working together to further develop the editorial mission of the site and potentially begin writing feature articles for the city of Columbia. I’m so grateful for this opportunity and extremely excited to be involved in the creative process for Missouri.com.” -Lisa Hartman  http://missouri.com/columbia.