Client Services Assistant
Company: Perseus Books Group
Location: New York City
The Client Services Assistant will report to the Director of Client Services. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following qualities: outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment; self-motivated and able to problem solve; excellent communication skills in person, on the phone and in e-mail; must be able to work independently and reliably with minimal supervision. College degree and interest in publishing required; 1-2 years publishing experience ideal.
The Client Services Assistant will provide support for Perseus Distribution’s client service team, working directly with client publishers to provide information and materials to the sales organization and other departments as required.
1) Ensure timely delivery of new title information and materials for sales presentations to accounts
2) Provide weekly updates on title changes to sales reps
3) Coordinate and produce weekly publicity report and events update for sales reps
4) Work closely with client publishers to resolve data issues on print and ebook titles in internal systems, account databases, and online retailers
5) Coordinate print projections for frontlist titles with sales reps and publishers
6) Coordinate Presales and Sales Conference schedules, materials, and presentations
7) Set up seasonal titles in electronic catalog
8) Assist in setting up new client information in internal systems and notifying accounts
9) Respond to ad hoc requests from clients and client service team as needed
10) Special seasonal projects, such as running sales reports for business reviews
Digital Media Project Editor
Company: W.W Norton
Location: New York City
W. W. Norton & Company is seeking a Digital Media Project Editor for its college textbook department. This position will report directly to the Managing Editor, College Digital Media. Working closely with the editorial and production teams, the Digital Media Project Editor will be responsible for managing all aspects of editorial production for digital media projects across all disciplines.
• Manage digital media projects (including such products as Coursepacks, Interactive Instructor’s Guides, Instructor’s Resource discs, ebooks, StudySpace, SmartWork, etc.) through all aspects of production.
• Oversee copy editors, proofreaders, and other relevant freelancers, evaluating their work, giving feedback, and enforcing deadlines to maintain quality control and timely delivery of products.
• Edit content as necessary: the Project Editor should have experience line editing, writing copy, copyediting, and proofreading.
• Help devise and maintain schedules.
• Help develop workflows.
• Help develop/edit design and project specs.
• Collaborate closely with editorial colleagues to ensure quality and timeliness of materials.
• Document management: help organize and maintain files, following strict naming conventions to maintain version control.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Employment eligibility to work with W. W. Norton & Company in the United States is required.
• At least three years prior experience in the project editor/production editor role, ideally in college publishing. Experience with learning management systems and educational supplements a plus.
• Must be highly disciplined, self-motivated, and flexible to the various pressures and changing priorities of the demands of any given project.
• Must manage complex workloads.
• Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Must be extremely detail-oriented.
• Must have excellent copyediting and proofreading skills to edit content, as well as proficiency to check product functionality. A copyediting/proofreading test will be given.
• Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Googledocs, Basecamp, Proficiency in Photoshop and InDesign and familiarity with HTML and different content management systems a plus.
Qualified candidates should apply by sending a copy of their resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
This job was originally posted on Publisher’s Lunch