Thieme Publishers is seeking a Part-Time Editorial Assistant!
Thieme Publishers is an award-winning international medical and science publisher serving health professionals and students for more than 125 years. Thieme publishes the latest advancements in clinical practice, research findings, and high quality books, journals, and electronic products. Thieme’s variety of health-science books focus on neurosurgery, otolaryngology, orthopedic surgery, ophthalmology, radiology, complementary and alternative medicine, audiology and speech and language pathology.
- To manage author relations and manuscript flow
- Track, review and log manuscript and art
- Perform administrative tasks
The ideal candidate will:
- Understand all aspects of editorial development of heavily illustrated, high-quality medical books
- Be comfortable working within tight deadlines with demanding authors and be able to confidently manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Be able to work independently, while contributing to the success of a highly focused editorial team
- Liaise with production, sales, marketing at all stages of project
- Be comfortable developing products (content and structure) for media neutral delivery (electronic and print products)
- Have excellent written and spoken English
- Have previous experience
To Apply: contact Mary Jo Casey at firstname.lastname@example.org