The Thieme Medical Publishers internship program in our New York office offers a unique opportunity to gain valuable experience in the field of medical publishing and to have direct contact with professionals in the field. All interns are welcome to attend essential editorial, production and sales meetings.
Marketing and Sales
Our global marketing program includes direct mail, website, e-mail campaigns, space advertising, and book reviews. Marketing Interns will work in a forward-thinking environment with true hands-on opportunities. This is for hard working, enthusiastic students who want to gain real-world, Marketing experience in a short period of time.
The internship also offers an exciting opportunity to learn valuable web skills while working within the Marketing department. Get involved in compiling advance and promotional material, planning and organizing medical exhibits, and dealing with distributors such as wholesalers and bookstores in the Americas while learning the tricks of the trade!
- assisting our web team with publishing and online duties
- performing internet research
The ideal candidate will have:
- strong computer, communication and organizational skills
- previous book, magazine, or marketing experience
- language skills are a plus, but not required
- HTML skills are preferred, but not required
What we offer:
- Year-round full-time or part-time internships from a minimum of ten weeks to six months
- A stipend to cover transportation expenses and lunch
- Flexible office hours
- Academic credit can be arranged (e.g. independent study credits)
- Hands-on publishing experience
- A great office location in midtown Manhattan (walking distance to Madison Square Garden, the Empire State Building and Times Square)
Contact Information: Please e-mail or mail a cover letter, which briefly explains your area of interest and skills, and which specific department(s) you are applying for, along with your resume and two professional references tot he Internship Coordinator e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not duplicate applications. Appropriate candidates will be contacted for an interview.