SPRINGER PUBLISHING COMPANY
Springer Publishing Company and its sister companies Demos Medical Publishing and Demos Health seek an intern to work through the fall in our fast-paced marketing department. We are an independent academic publisher with a growing books, journals, and digital publishing program.
Duties will include:
• Plan social media posts on Google+, Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter; as well as monitor the performance of Springer Publishing Company, Demos Medical, and Demos Health across all social media platforms
• Help edit videos (basic editing) and upload to YouTube
• Draft, review, and post blog entries
• Assist in pay-per-click advertising efforts
• Provide help with web maintenance
• Aid in list-building
• General office assistance
This internship is ideal for a college student interested in pursuing a career in professional and scholarly publishing. While gaining work experience and contributing directly to our efforts, the intern will benefit from substantive experience and on-going mentoring from our staff. Duration of internship: September-December, 9am-5pm (days of week flexible and to be agreed upon). Stipend to be paid.
•Current college student or recent graduate
•Self-starter with creativity and attention to detail
•Excellent written and verbal communication skills
•Must be a team-player who can work with others
•A strong interest in marketing
•Good computer skills, including Outlook, Excel, and Word
•The ideal candidate will be smart, versatile, and comfortable in a fairly fluid role
Please contact Professor Denning if you are interested in applying.