Digital Production Internship at Open Road Integrated Media
Open Road Integrated Media has an opening for an unpaid (school credit) intern to work 15 to 20 hours per week in its publishing operations department.
The digital production intern will assist the publishing operations department in a number of tasks related to ebook production, specifically ePub and mobi file development (reflowable, fixed layout, read-aloud, video-enhanced, etc.). This is an immersive, hands-on experience and an exciting opportunity to learn about all aspects of ebook production.
The digital production intern will report to the digital production associate and work closely with editorial, production, and design team members.
- Optimizing InDesign files for output to ePub
- Creating children’s ebooks for B&N and Amazon
- Splitting audio files for read-aloud titles
- Linking and bookmarking PDFs for distribution to retail partners
- Implementing updates to existing ebook files (typo corrections, inserting new covers and back ads, etc.)
- Validating ePub and mobi files for distribution
- Assisting with various other projects as needed
- Strong attention to detail
- Deep interest in new technology and digital production
- Ability to learn new programs quickly
- Knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop
- HTML/CSS experience preferred but not required
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to Nou Moua, Digital Production Associate, at firstname.lastname@example.org.