Type: Full Time
Position: Junior Designer
Description: Condé Nast’s magazine Brides is looking for a creative designer that can develop and deliver ideas for their clients. Design and typography skills are necessary because you will be regularly designing presentations and proposals, as well as working with the executive team, sales, marketing, research, and integrated marketing. Brides is looking for someone who is motivated by new thinking and who is also a team player.
- At least 1 year of design experience in marketing, promotional, or advertising a plus
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively while also ensuring accuracy of work through attention to detail
- Strong proficiency with presentation & design applications (Keynote, PowerPoint, Photoshop, InDesign, & Illustrator)
- Experience using motion graphics & video editing software (After Effects, Final Cut Pro, & Motion) a plus
- Knowledge of Flash, web design, or HTML a plus
- Ability to create promotional concepts that enhance clients’ marketing efforts
- Experience working for a highly branded property a plus
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the aptitude to communicate effectively in both individual and group settings
- Must be results driven, and take appropriate steps to achieve goals while taking ownership of situations as needed
- Proven ability to deliver timely, accurate work product and demonstrate good follow up and follow through
- Drives change and innovation by improving work product or process, and challenges established norms where appropriate
- Proven ability to build supportive and constructive relationships within and outside of the organization
Type: Full Time
Position: Assistant Editor
Location: Henderson, NV
Niche Media is looking for a driven Assistant Editor to join our high-performing Vegas magazine team. The primary duties for this position include the following:
- Conceive and pitch stories for each issue and newsletter, then assist with executing and producing assigned stories and sections.
- Write several stories, complete designated online calendar listings, and produce magazine-ready copy within established deadlines.
- Plan, execute, fact-check, and write Invited section (social events).
- Work with the marketing department to oversee photo section, and ensure all assigned sections are edit-ready for ship week.
- Work with photo editors to select art, assist with managing photo shoots, gather photos for Guide pages, and make sure art comes in for each piece/section assigned to the Editor-in-Chief. Coordinate/schedule freelance photographers for events.
- Coordinate intern process and work with interns to manage social media duties (i.e. Twitter account).
- Represent the magazine in the community by attending/hosting events on behalf of assigned magazine.
- Meet with local power players to boost magazine presence, as necessary and appropriate.
- Perform editorial-related clerical/administrative duties for the Editor-in-Chief.
- Other duties as assigned.