Employment Opportunity for a part-time Writer/Editor (20-30 hrs wkly) to work in the Marketing and Communications Office of Queensborough Community College-CUNY. The successful candidate will be responsible for writing copy for the Web as well print marketing communications materials. Interested candidates should email their resumes as soon as possible to:
Cicely Bland at CBland@qcc.cuny.edu
Electronic Communications Media Manager
City University of New York | CUNY
222-05 56th Avenue, A-316
Bayside, NY 11364-1497
Open Road Integrated Media
Open Road Integrated Media has an opening for the fall semester for two unpaid (school credit) interns to work 15 to 20 hours per week in its managing editorial department.
The managing editorial intern will assist the managing editorial department in a number of tasks related to ebook and POD production, including data entry, preparing hard copy files for digitization, device QA, departmental administrative tasks (mailing, scanning, etc.), and some proofreading.
This is a fast-paced, high-profile startup—details and deadlines are of the essence. The right individual will have the unique opportunity to experience all aspects of managing editorial in a next-generation publishing environment.
- Enter descriptive copy and other metadata as needed in title management system
- Perform quality assurance of Open Road titles on major reading devices (iPad, Kindle, and others)
- Assist in keeping title reports and metadata up-to-date and accurate
- Proofread POD files
- Create copyright and title pages
- Prep and send print books for scanning
- Prep source files for digitization
- Check current Open Road titles on Apple, Amazon, and other major etailers to ensure they are active and display the correct metadata
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to juggle multiple and varied tasks
- Demonstrated interest in managing editorial and next-generation publishing
- Knowledge of ereader devices and social media helpful
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Lauren Chomiuk, Associate Managing Editor, at email@example.com.