Position: Journal Sales Executive
The Journals Division of Taylor & Francis Group, a division of informa and leading academic publisher, has an excellent opportunity for a dynamic sales professional to join its growing sales team. Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the development and management of online sales throughout the assigned region.
- Increase and promote sales of T&F print and online journals throughout assigned region
- Identify, maintain and develop current and prospective customer accounts and actively pursue opportunities for growth and development
- Market and promote online sales models to current and prospective customers
- Manage account details through CRM software
- Track and share lead information throughout all stages of the sales process
- Respond to RFPs from prospective customers and generate customized quotes
- Successfully negotiate and execute sales agreements
- Produce regular reports on sales activity and development opportunities
- Assist in the development of sale proposals, management reports, supporting sales contact/CRM database
- Attend library meetings and industry events as required
Strong organizational and project management skills with the demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and advanced presentation skills at all levels of business. Effective account management skills and the ability to form strong relationships and partnerships both internally and externally. Successful candidate will be highly organized, professional, confident, and goal oriented. Able to work independently and as part of a team.
Bachelor’s degree plus two years’ sales/marketing experience. Previous publishing experience, understanding of academic library environment, and specific industry knowledge (pharma, biotech, chemical, etc) desired. Proficiency with Windows applications including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, required. Previous experience with CRM software helpful. Overnight travel required.
About Taylor & Francis Group
Taylor & Francis Group is a leading international academic publisher with a history of over two centuries. Throughout our 11 T&F offices worldwide we publish over 2000 new books and 1000 journals annually, spanning all subjects in the academic, medical and scientific field. T&F merged with Informa in 2004 to establish a new international force in the provision of specialist information through publishing and events businesses. Today, Informa plc publishes over 2,500 subscription based products, has a portfolio of over 13,000 e-books (growing by 3,000 per year) and backlist of 35,000 books. 2,800 events per year are held worldwide.