It almost goes without saying now that in order to solidify your marketability in the workforce, you need to have a LinkedIn account. But that’s as far as most of us go with it. LinkedIn is more than a site to list your skills and credentials, it has a vast collection of blogs, articles, and pertinent groups to follow in order to learn more about the industry you wish to break into. Below are two compelling articles that will perhaps change your stance on where you stand in your quest for a career.
By: Adam Grant
In this post, Grant presents to us the theories of author and social scientist Malcolm Gladwell. He sites his book, The Tipping Point, as the turning point in his own life when he went from being socially awkward at events to being assertive and affable. Grant was inspired by the progressive ideas that Gladwell had pondered and it intrigued him to the point where he felt passionate enough to share it with others. Some of Gladwell’s theories include:
- Bad is Good and Good is Bad
- What Looks Like an Individual Phenomenon is Really a Collective Phenomenon
- What Seems to Succeed Fails, and What Seems to Fail Succeeds
- What Appears To Be Local is Global
- What Looks Like Disorder is Actually Order