MeeGenius is a digital reading company and our mission is to help kids foster a love of reading. We have an extensive library of over 700+ beautifully illustrated e-books for children, each professionally narrated with our read along technology. Our e-book reader apps and bookstore can be found on all major platforms and mobile devices including iPad, iPhone, Android, web, Google Chrome Web Store, Google TV, and soon, Windows 8 and Windows Phone. Installed on over 2 million mobile devices and used by over 3,000 teachers, any time can be story time.
We are looking for a Content & Production Intern to support our team. We need a person with professional office experience, preferably in the publishing industry, who’s excited about digital media and cultivating children’s love of reading. The Intern will be responsible for working with a variety of different titles for children ages 0-8, supporting the editorial and production processes, maintaining the metadata related to new and previously published titles, and must have an eagerness to learn new skills related to the production of e-books. The position will be paid either in credit for a college/university program, or as an hourly wage. The requirements of this internship will require 2-3 days per week in our NYC office.
To be a strong fit for the role of Content & Production Intern you will need to:
- Assist with copyright application and IAP submission
- Assist with contract delivery and acceptance
- Assist with QC of all books to-be published
- Assist the Editorial and Production team with various tasks as they arise
- Complete administrative tasks as needed: copying, scanning, data entry, etc.
- Have a working knowledge of Mac OS, Dropbox, MS Office and an interest in learning MeeGenius’ proprietary production software
- Ensure all personal deadlines are met
- Communicate with the Content and Production team throughout the day and troubleshoot any related problems
- Excellent attention to detail, be able to identify and solve problems, and possess strong interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and have a proven ability to organize time and meet deadlines, along with being an active team player
- Applicants with a degree in a related discipline preferred
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate professional office experience
To apply for this position, please submit a current resume and a cover letter as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and position that you’re applying for in the subject line of the e-mail. For all questions and queries regarding the position, please contact us at email@example.com.