A boutique literary agency in New York seeks an agent assistant/associate and office manager with 2-3 years office experience. At least one year prior related experience in book publishing is essential, as well as a strong editorial background.
Candidate will be responsible for day-to-day needs of a small but active office. Duties will include:
- financial work (keeping track of office bills, royalties and author payments)
- some computer and tech support.
- handling permissions, foreign and subsidiary rights.
- Reading submissions and providing editorial reports, as well as helping with author proposals.
- routine office work (filing, phones, mailings, updating website)
This is a perfect position to learn everything about the literary agent business; you will get to know authors and editors, and will be encouraged, in time, to develop your own clients.
Ideal candidate is an articulate, patient, organized, and very detail-oriented self-starter capable of juggling multiple book projects and office management tasks on a daily basis, while working independently. You must be very comfortable handling finances and basic accounting. Knowledge of Quickbooks preferred, but will provide training if necessary.
Salary commensurate with experience. Please contact Professor Denning at firstname.lastname@example.org for info on how to apply.