MedShadow Foundation seeks a part-time social media employee to work through the summer. We are an independent health information website focusing on the side effects and long-term effects of the pharmaceuticals in common use. We take the position of patient advocates searching the internet for reliable information and gathering in one place for our visitors. Duties will include:
- Plan social media posts on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn Google Plus and Pinterest; as well as monitor the performance of our company across all social media platforms
- Research editorial topics in support of bloggers and editorial staff
- Provide help with web maintenance
- Aid in developing weekly email marketing newsletters and promotions
- General office assistance
This job is ideal for a college student interested in pursuing a career in on-line publishing and writing. While gaining work experience, the student will benefit from substantive experience and ongoing learning opportunities and mentoring from our staff. The student would work closely with me, the founder/publisher, and also Deirdre Wyeth, a well known independent web development consultant and somewhat less with our editor on article development.
- Current college or graduate student or recent graduate
- Strong interest and skills in social media and marketing
- Self-starter who can work independently with direction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good computer skills, including WordPress, Excel, and Word
The job pays $15 per hour. Please contact Professor Denning at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about how to apply.