Simon & Schuster, a part of CBS Corporation, is a global leader in the field of general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for consumers of all ages, across all printed, electronic, and audio formats. Its divisions include Simon & Schuster Adult Publishing, Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing, Simon & Schuster Audio, Simon & Schuster Digital, and international companies in Australia, Canada, India and the United Kingdom.
The Simon and Schuster Internship Program participants will have an unmatched, behind-the-scenes learning experience. Though interns work within specific departments, they are able to explore all aspects of the business of book publishing through speaker presentations, mentoring relationships and networking opportunities.
Interns are placed within specific imprints or divisions on either the adult or children’s side of the business based on interest, experience, academic coursework, and the Simon and Schuster business needs. Past assignments have typically been within editorial, marketing, and publicity departments.
Interns will both shadow and work alongside publishing professionals. They will also attend meetings and events and participate in weekly lunch and learn programs designed specifically for the intern class.
Each year will have three 10 week programs to represent the Summer, Fall and Spring sessions. The summer session will be 35 hours a week and the Fall and Spring sessions will be a minimum of 16-20 hours a week to accommodate the interns’ academic schedules.
· Must be currently enrolled undergraduates (Juniors and Seniors preferred) or graduate students while in the program
· Must submit an application with cover letter through the Simon and Schuster career site at www.simonandschuster.biz/careers
· Must be legally permitted to work in the United States after graduation; Completion of the application assumes eligibility to work in the United States.
Required experience and skills:
· Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
· A passion for books and an eagerness to tell us about it
· A great attitude and desire to learn