McIntosh & Otis, Inc
Title: Literary Agency Assistant
Location: New York, NY
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Savvy reader with strong editorial skills
- Microsoft office suite
- 1 year previous publishing experience
Full-service literary agency seeks assistant. Duties include reading and evaluating manuscripts, providing readers’ reports and synopses, managing submissions and correspondence, handling subsidiary rights research, and general administrative duties.
Applicants should have a B.A., strong written and verbal communication skills and a high level of interest in the publishing field. Applicants should also have the ability to work independently and on multiple tasks simultaneously in an organized manner. Knowledge of subsidiary rights or contracts and strong editorial skills are desirable. Previous office experience is required, with a minimum of 1 year experience in publishing handling similar tasks strongly preferred.
McIntosh and Otis, Inc. offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, long term disability coverage and a 401k program
Qualified candidates please send a resume and cover letter to Elizabeth Winick Rubinstein at email@example.com attn: Shannon Powers
Title: Freelance Copy Editors
- Familiarity with Words Into Type and other web publishing tools
- Able to work at a fast pace
NYMag.com is seeking freelance copy editors.
Please submit a résumé, cover letter, and hours of availability to firstname.lastname@example.org
And for those of you who may be looking for jobs outside the city, here are a few that may pique your interest.
Title: Assistant digital + print editor
Type: Staff, full-time
Location: Boulder, Colorado
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or a related field.
- Previous journalism experience at a magazine or weekly is ideal.
- Interest in preservation/DIY a plus.
- Working knowledge of basic HTML/Dreamweaver and socialmedia tools (Rafflecopter, Gravity Forms) is also extremely helpful.
OHJ is part of Active Interest Media
OHJ is looking for a hard-working, multi-tasking, and creative digital + print editor to monitor and post on SM, write, edit, and build content for the Web, tablets, and newsletters, and perform a host of print magazine duties–writing articles, assigning text + photos, and presiding over 4 print departments. Excellent copyediting skills are critical, and a test is part of the application process.
Contact Demetra Aposporos at email@example.com