The eBook Production & Operations team is looking for an Associate to help support our growing Penguin Random House Publisher Services business.
Reporting to the Manager, PRHPS eBook Production & Distribution, this position will monitor the process for converting PDFs into finished eBooks. The Associate will work to prepare client book content for conversion, perform quality assurance on our eBook files, and ensure on-time delivery of completed eBooks to all partners and retailers. The candidate will respond to retailer inquiries and requests, coordinating with internal departments to make sure the PRHPS catalogue is available on every platform.
The candidate will also support the team through weekly reporting, data maintenance, and day-to-day administrative tasks, and other projects as required.
The ideal candidate is a self-directed, self-organized, independent worker with strong analytical and process-oriented skills.
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task across multiple projects and multiple timelines
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Detail oriented
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Familiarity with the book and eBook production process
• Familiarity with different e-readers and tablet devices
• Familiarity with data management standards, tools, and technologies (e.g., XML, SQL, DocBook, XSLT).
• Excellent PC Skills to include Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
• Experience with XHTML, CSS, Filemaker, Mac and Adobe Applications (Photoshop, illustrator, Indesign) would be an asset but is not required
In addition, you must have demonstrated ability to work in a deadline driven environment with shifting priorities and heavy volume. Four year degree or equivalent experience required. Prior related experience is a plus.
About our company:
Penguin Random House, Inc. is the world’s largest general trade book publisher. It is a division of Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA, one of the foremost media companies in the world.
Thank you for your interest in Penguin Random House. Penguin Random House is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please e-mail your résumé and cover letter to Professor Kathy Sandler at firstname.lastname@example.org.