Title: Editorial Assistant
Location: New York, New York
The Editorial Assistant role is a wide-ranging role which is essential to the smooth running of our journal portfolio.
Duties include coordinating the successful set up of new journals and journals transferring from other publishers. The Editorial Assistant will work with the Journal Development team on a defined portfolio of journals, responding to queries from editors, providing reports, and maintaining internal systems and processes. They will also occasionally provide more general administrative support to the wider publishing team, including the Editorial Directors. Specific responsibilities of the Editorial Assistant include:
- Educated to degree level, ideally with a biomedical background
- Some experience in administrative duties
- Strong organizational skills, with attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A high level of computer literacy ? understands common software (e.g. Microsoft Office suite) and gains new software skills quickly
- Customer focused
- Pleasant and tactful telephone manner
- Able to see tasks through to completion, working to (often competing) deadlines
- Analytical skills
- Able to respond to non-routine circumstances
- Self-starter with a positive, can-do approach to problem-solving
- Able to work cooperatively with colleagues at all levels
Please apply using our online application system found on our website.
We regret that we are unable to respond to each resume. Only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. View original posting.
Title: Publishing Assistant
Location: New York, NY
Simon & Schuster is seeking a Publishing Assistant for the Gallery Books imprint.
- Routine clerical work, typing, booking travel, expense reports, scheduling meetings, taking messages and following up
- Preparing materials for sales and follow-up meetings
- Coordinating seasonal material due dates for the imprint
- Assisting with editorial duties including processing contracts, P&L’s, author copies and miscellaneous paperwork.
- Overseeing the reading group guide process for the imprint.
|Prior experience in book publishing preferred.|
Apply on S&S’s website.
Title: Assistant Digital Editor
Location: New York, NY
A leading luxury company is looking for an assistant digital editor to join their team. Reporting to the Director of Digital, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting content delivery by writing, editing and publishing digital content, and ensuring that all content is accurate, SEO optimized and adheres to established brand guidelines. The candidate will also work to engage audiences though social media to drive traffic.
- 1-2 years experience working in a digital environment, developing content and driving traffic though social media.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to write clear and concise copy in keeping with the house style.
- Previous experience editing and proof reading copy as well as producing content in both text and graphic form.
- Working experience with various CMS systems and Google Analytics.
- A team player with an eagerness to put forward new ideas and suggestions to create viral content.
- A proven record of delivering tasks on time.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Proven skills in project management.
- Degree level education, preferably in marketing, publishing, communications or new media.
Click here to apply.