The RosettaBooks Production and Distribution Department is looking for an intern with panache, enthusiasm, and bibliophilia. This is an opportunity to get first-hand experience and training in print and ebook creation, production schedules, and book distribution. Responsibilities include:
- Using advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word to find common OCR errors
- Reviewing the work of proofreaders and other freelancers
- Making important, exciting shipments (a.k.a. mailing things)
- Using your HTML/CSS/InDesign skills to create top-notch ebooks (or learning said skills)
- Evaluating covers and interior designs
- Performing basic data entry and Excel spreadsheet maintenance
- Distributing books and metadata to retailers
- Working with clients, vendors, and teammates to meet deadlines
In other words, we’re looking for reliable, technically savvy, grammatically proficient applicants—but most importantly, we’re looking for someone eager to learn.
This is a paid, part-time internship. The intern should be available to work 24-30 hours per week.
If interested, please contact Jane Denning at email@example.com