Difference Press is looking for an Editorial Intern, to join its growing editorial department. This is a part-time virtual position, which will allow the candidate access to the editorial, design, sales, marketing and administrative teams in order to learn the business from multiple angles.
We are looking for a team player to assist our talented managers with several projects including
- Gather, analyze and collate data relevant to our authors for use within the Difference Press book creation process
- Complete competitive analysis of published books and update and refresh various database listings of titles
- Create and share original research from our author community
- Work with existing editorial team to scope and document the developmental editing role.
- Provide strategic support for authors and authors-in-transformation as needed
The successful candidate has:
- Strong desire to learn the publishing industry
- Interest in different business models and the changing landscape of publishing
- Desire to grow their career with a quickly moving company
- Experience in social media, marketing, and project management
- Can do /motivated / entrepreneurial attitude
- Commitment to making a difference
- Experience with life coaching or positive psychology
Must be passionate about 1 of Difference Press’ 5 non-fiction editorial focuses:
1. Self Help/ Personal Growth
2. How to
To apply, send your resume along with a cover letter or intro video to Angela@TheAuthorIncubator.com include:
(1) EXACTLY what skills and interests make you the BEST for this job. Just sending a short “I am available” or a lone resume will probably get overlooked.
(2) SPECIFICALLY when you can start and what you would like your summer schedule to be.
(3) PRECISELY and CONCISELY what your favorite book is and why you love it.
Thanks & Good Luck!