Location: New York, NY
Bloomsbury Publishing is seeking a Marketing Assistant to support the Children’s and Adult Marketing Departments at Bloomsbury Publishing. This role will cross over all areas of marketing: trade, consumer, library and education, digital/social media and more. This position will support the Children’s Marketing Director and the Adult Marketing Director. This is a great opportunity for a candidate who is organized, creative and self-motivated to learn about all aspects of book marketing in a dynamic and exciting environment.
• Coordinate website features, including choosing titles, writing copy, and working with design team.
• Play a supporting role in our social media outreach, including executing plans, posting, running giveaways, and contributing creative ideas and liaising with our global offices.
• Coordinate mailings, including writing accompanying letters.
• Create and/or write copy for marketing materials such as sellsheets, flyers, postcards, bookmarks, etc.
• Manage School & Library awards submissions and tracking, as well as maintain a detailed record of awards lists results for sales reference.
• Research and update important committee and contact information in Publicity Assistant.
• Assist Marketing Manager with preparation for School & Library conferences.
• Assist with general marketing department administrative tasks, such as Netgalley and sending out requested review copies.
• Work collaboratively with global marketing team to share ideas and plans.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
• Extremely well organized and possess strong attention to detail and follow-up skills.
• Excellent time management skills, strong organizational, writing and communication skills, and work well within a team and individually.
• Proficiency with Outlook, Word, and Excel required.
• Familiarity with Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, and other social media platforms.
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements as an MS Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate “Trade Marketing Assistant” in your subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
Assistant/Associate Editor – Rodale Inc.
Location: New York, NY
Rodale Inc. is currently seeking either an Assistant or Associate Editor for Rodale Books. This individual will provide general assistance to the Executive Editor of Rodale Books and also assume the day-to-day responsibilities for select running, cycling and general sports, fitness and health titles. The ideal candidate will possess 1 to 2 years of post-college trade book publishing experience.
Writing copy, including catalog copy, back cover copy and sales/marketing materials
Evaluating manuscripts and collecting research to facilitate acquisition process
Meeting project and manuscript deadlines with a high degree of editorial accuracy
Attending meetings with agents and authors
BA/BS from Liberal Arts College
Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Demonstrated interest in sports and active-lifestyle activities
Flexible, personable attitude; Ability to develop cordial and professional relationships
One-to-two years solid post college experience in publishing environment
Strong communication and relationship skills; ability to publicly present ideas and information
Exceptional writing ability
Proven ability to accommodate evolving responsibilities and last minute changes
Must possess strong attention to detail
Must be a team player and have the ability to multitask
Highly motivated, extremely organized, flexible and creative
Please apply directly online.
Type: Full time
Location: New York, NY
Kensington is seeking a Digital Sales & Marketing Assistant who is detail oriented and excited about books and the online space to support the growing Digital & Communications departments. We are looking for someone who is interested in book publishing, promotion, and has strong communication skills. Our assistant will be involved in the following:
• Producing various sales and marketing performance reporting and communicating with the necessary parties to obtain materials
• Creating PowerPoint presentations for key titles
• Executing Goodreads promotions including giveaways, communicating directly with winning readers
• Importing all data and files for e-galleys and online catalogs, monitoring to ensure that uploads are successful and all titles populate to the site with the appropriate information, handling any issues that arise
• Proofreading copy for catalogs and ads, and writing updated copy as needed
• Coordinating and administering book mailings to review outlets and eBook retail partners, including direct communication with representatives of these outlets
• Coordinating and administering online giveaways, including ordering prizes, communicating with winners, and handling mailings
• Performing inventory and maintaining a spreadsheet of our current print galley titles/quantities
• Gifting digital copies of books to online winners
• Placing book orders for front and backlist as required
• Special projects for marketing, social media, and sales as needed
• Assisting with anti-piracy efforts
• Online material design as required
• 1+ years experience in book publishing, marketing, publicity, and / or administrative support
• Strong attention to detail and experience communicating with high-level business partners
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office; Knowledge of PhotoShop preferred
• Strong interest in commercial publishing and knowledge of what is currently trending in the marketplace
• Ability to prioritize and complete tasks with minimal supervision
• BA or equivalent work experience
• Must be a team-player who can work well with others
• A love of books/eBooks—particularly romance, mysteries and thrillers, and women’s fiction is essential
Please send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to Alexandra Nicolajsen at email@example.com