Assistant to the Director – German Book Office New York, Inc.
Location: New York, NY
The German Book Office (GBO) New York, Inc. was founded in 1998 as a non-profit organization, and is a project of the Frankfurt Book Fair. The office acts as a bridge between the German and American publishing industries, with the mission to promote German books in North America. We establish contact between German and North American publishers, and we partner with international and literary organizations to promote translated books.
In addition, the German Book Office works closely with the Frankfurt Book Fair on its North American activities and projects. We provide information and assistance to exhibitors and visitors of the fair.
-Supporting Director in all matters of business
-Copyediting English texts
-Assisting in coordination of events
-Managing the GBO and Frankfurt Book Fair’s social media presence
-Maintaining monthly accounting for the GBO and Publishing Perspectives
-Writing reviews, articles, and blog posts
-Creating online email campaigns
-Conducting research projects
-General office organization
-Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
-Native English speaker required
-Prior office experience, preferably in publishing, digital media, or agency desired
-Strong communication skills
-Proven ability to deliver timely, accurate work and demonstrate good follow up and follow through on all projects
-Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
-Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and online research methods
-Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite preferred
-German language skills a plus
-Willingness to learn, eagerness to network, and interest in publishing at large
Please send your resume, cover letter with salary expectations, and earliest possible start date to: firstname.lastname@example.org Application deadline: June 10, 2015
Contracts Assistant – DK, Penguin Random House
Location: New York, NY
The DK Contracts department is looking for a detail-oriented Contracts Assistant to join the team. The Contracts Assistant provides support to DK?s Director of Contracts and works on other projects related to contracts administration.
Specifically, the Contracts Assistant:
1. Drafts agreements on pre-established templates. Communicates with editors and publishers as needed to expand on and clarify specific conditions and terms.
2. Assists Director in drafting and proofreading agreements for all imprints.
3. Assumes responsibility for Alpha WFHs, queries, reversions and compliance.
4. Using RMS (to come) administer the set-up of (CIS) Contract Information Sheets for all DK imprints; tracks and manages RMS input and contract logs.
5. Manages reversions for all imprints: coordinates research, due diligence, formal reversion letters and correspondence re contract compliance, e.g., remainders, e-rights.
6. Registers DK US titles with the Library of Congress, managing compliance with Library of Congress copy requirements and following up on queries.
7. Maintains rights reversion and contract status spreadsheets.
8. Researches titles and agreements to provide in-house departments with contract terms, e.g. rights and royalty information. Updates and maintains online and hard copy department files and archives.
- 4 year college degree or equivalent work experience
- Prior office experience preferred
- Excellent organizational skills
- Superb attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience working in contracts, business, or law office a plus
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter here.
Content Marketing/Sales – Media Planet
Location: New York, NY
We are searching for driven, motivated media professionals looking to grow within the sales and advertising arena. Applicants should be independent self-starters who set the bar high, demand results, and know how to enjoy themselves along the way. We are a company where success is recognized early and often. Our best Project Managers have gone on to manage teams and open Mediaplanet offices all across the globe.
Mediaplanet Project Managers are in charge of spearheading a cross-platform industry campaign every 2 months, releasing 5-6 campaigns per year. As a Project Manager, you are responsible for determining the editorial arc of the campaign, working with journalists, thought leaders and celebrities to create engaging, newsworthy content. Project Managers are also responsible for securing the financial sponsorship of the campaign by selling print and digital advertisements to clients within the industry. Our clients include Fortune 500 companies like General Motors, Cisco, Visa, Disney, Verizon, Microsoft, the National Football League, and more. Celebrities and thought leaders include Bill Clinton, John Mayer, Magic Johnson, Jessica Alba, George Clooney, Gwyneth Paltrow, Tom Hanks, Jennifer Garner, Jake Gyllenhaal, Derek Jeter, Michelle Obama, and Matt Damon among others.
Here’s a bit about us:
Mediaplanet is the leading international publisher of independent special interest reports distributed online and in the most prestigious newspapers across the globe. We develop reports on a huge range of topics – Cardiovascular Health, Pet Wellness, Agriculture in America, Diabetes Awareness, Grilling and Tailgating, Thanking our Troops, Green Innovation, Tequila Appreciation- just to name a few.
Mediaplanet was founded in Stockholm in 2002 by two Swedish entrepreneurs, Richard Båge and Rustan Panday. Today we operate 21 offices in 16 countries on three continents, boasting around 300 dedicated and entrepreneurial employees.
– Minimum of 1-2 years relevant experience (will consider recent grads with transferable skills)
– A Post Secondary degree
– Ambition and a drive to succeed
– An interest in sales
– An entrepreneurial spirit
– Willingness and desire to learn
– A winning mentality
– Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
– Strong work ethic
– Positive attitude and passion for what we’re doing as a company
Apply online here.