We’re recruiting paid editorial interns for the fall. See below for the requirements, and submit your resumes and cover letters to email@example.com!
Kodansha Comics Editorial Intern
Penguin Random House Publisher Services is seeking two part-time paid interns for fall 2015 to work as part of our Kodansha Comics team in New York City. The interns will perform diverse tasks spanning editorial, production, and marketing, giving them a chance to become familiar with every aspect of how an American manga publisher operates. As one of their primary roles will involve proofreading, the interns will need to be extremely detail-oriented, and prior experience with writing, editing, proofreading, or translation is preferred.
Responsibilities and duties
- Proofreading manga, ads, and other materials prior to publication
- Assisting the production manager or director of publishing with data entry and checking related to production and sales
- Other tasks depending on individual strengths and skills
- Hours are flexible and can be tailored to fit your schedule, up to 14 hours per week.
- Familiarity with manga or comics
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Candidates will be required to pass a brief proofreading test.
- Prior experience as a writer, proofreader, copy editor, or fact checker strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of or interest in the Japanese language is an advantage, but not required.
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and/or Illustrator is an advantage, but not required.
Note: After applying through Kodansha, former Pace Publishing graduate Noelle Webster has offered to speak on behalf of any Pace students. Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org