HGTV Magazine seeks an intelligent, creative, and entrepreneurial team player to join our team as a design intern for the Advertising/Marketing side of the magazine.
Required availability of 2-3 days a week at minimum who has graphic design experience as well as an interest in publication, layout design, and advertising/marketing.
Design Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
• Assisting the art department with designing/building comps (MUST be confident in
• Maintaining internal portfolio website (powered by SquareSpace)
• In charge of optimizing artwork for the site using Photoshop/InDesign (advanced
HTML/CSS skills are not necessary)
Marketing Responsibilities May Include:
• Assisting in updating media kit sell sheets, sales tools, and other collateral
• Observe execution of magazine events, including signage event(s), sales meeting and
assist as assigned
• Attend brainstorm meetings for creative ideas for events and programs, client gifts and
entertainment and magazine editorial tie-ins
• Must submit a resume and portfolio to be considered
• Enrolled in an undergraduate program or graduate program that allows for credit
• Must be able to earn academic credit for participation in internship
• Commitment for the entire semester – 2-3 days a week at minimum
• Ideal candidate must be highly proactive, creative, detail and solution-oriented, and have
strong skills in Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
• Strong cutting and mounting skills are a must
• Fluency in Microsoft Office
• Hard-working and eager to learn
Hourly Rate: unpaid
Please note that internships are unpaid and candidate must be able to receive school credit.
You must be able to commute to our NYC office.
Job Application Contact Name: Kimberly Etzin
Job Application Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org