Job Listing: Agency Assistant/Associate and Office Manager
Boutique Literary Agency seeks an agent assistant/associate and office manager with 2-3 years office experience. At least one year prior related experience in book publishing is essential, as well as a strong editorial background.
Candidate will be responsible for day-to-day needs of a small, active office.
– Financial work (keeping track of and paying office bills, royalties and rights income, and author payments);
– Computer and tech support (PC proficiency a must; knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook required);
– Overseeing and working on contracts for permissions, foreign licenses, and subsidiary rights including audio and serial sales;
– Reading submissions and providing editorial reports, as well as helping with author proposals;
– Routine office work (phones, mailings, filing, maintaining and updating website).
This is a perfect position in which to learn everything about the literary agency business and book publishing in general. You will work directly with authors and editors and you will be encouraged, in time, to develop your own clients. The agency shares new space in the Flatiron District with other successful and highly active agencies, working in a collaborative spirit.
Ideal candidate is an organized and very detail-oriented self-starter with an ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and multi-task. You must be capable of juggling multiple book projects and office management tasks on a daily basis while working independently and possess strong writing and verbal communication skills. Candidates must also be very comfortable handling finances and basic accounting. Knowledge of Quickbooks preferred but will provide training if necessary.
Salary in line with industry standards and commensurate with experience.
Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com