Teach Reading to Students of All Ages This Summer
- Earn more than $6,000 during the summer. Teachers typically earn between $500 and $700 per week while teaching.
- Gain over 500 hours of teacher-training and teaching experience with a variety of age groups.
- Help students of all ages develop their reading skills and ability to become imaginatively absorbed in books.
The Institute of Reading Development is seeking candidates for summer 2016 teaching positions. They seek applicants with an undergraduate degree or higher from any discipline. They provide a paid training program and comprehensive on-going support.
In Order to Apply You Must:
- Have graduated with a 4-year Bachelor’s degree or higher in any discipline, with at least a 3.0 GPA, before the teaching term begins.
- Have a reliable car.
- Have a web cam in order to participate in video meetings.
- Have no scheduling conflicts, or minimal scheduling conflicts throughout the training and teaching season. Please review the dates and teaching locations in your area.
Successful Teachers For the Institute:
- Have strong reading skills and read for pleasure.
- Are responsible and hard-working.
- Have good communication and organization skills.
- Are patient and supportive with students.
- Are leaders in the classroom.
The Institute teaches developmental reading programs in partnership with the continuing education departments of more than 100 colleges and universities across the United States. The classes for students of all ages improve their reading skills and teach them to experience absorption in literature.
They begin accepting applications on December 1st.