Position: Assistant Editor, English Language Arts
Terms: This is a contract position of 20–25 hours per week through May 2016
The SpringBoard unit of the College Board seeks an Assistant Editor to work as an independent consultant, supporting the projects of the English Language Arts editorial team. The Assistant Editor actively supports the development and refinement of ELA curriculum, assessments, and instructional products for SpringBoard, including both print and digital learning products. The Assistant Editor is expected to write, edit, copyedit, and perform print and digital content reviews as needed to maximize product quality while meeting deadlines.
Working under the direction of the Director of ELA, the Assistant Editor executes reprint corrections as determined by the ELA Editors, marking up book PDFs for correction, sending files to the Production vendor, checking the changes once they are made, logging corrections, organizing project files, and reporting on project progress.
- Work with the ELA Editors and Director to execute product plans, supporting the development of SpringBoard ELA content in both print and digital formats
- Coordinate with vendors who are correcting files to ensure that changes are made as directed; traffic files and track project status
- Make corrections to SpringBoard Digital using the Editorial interface
- Attend project status meetings to report progress as well as workflow and content issues
- Review and approve content through production stages, working directly with editors and vendor
- Create and maintain project documentation, including spreadsheets and the reprints log
- Conduct literature searches; apply for reprint permissions
- Perform review of audio files of literature passages
Education: Minimum BA or BS required; degree in English preferred
Strongly interested candidates please contact Prof. Jane Kinney-Denning at firstname.lastname@example.org