The Advertising and Promotion Department is seeking a Coordinator to act as a project manager and designer, working with imprint(s) to coordinate, design, and produce monthly Mass Market kits as well as a variety of print and digital ads, social media assets, printed items, and digital catalogs.
Specifically, the Advertising and Promotions Coordinator:
- Working directly with Avon marketing and publicity, coordinates monthly Mass Market kits for Romance and Genre titles: maintains schedule, creates cover proofs and sell-sheets. Researches and designs promo items, signage, and swag for Romance and Comic Conventions.
- Designs social media digital assets and print items for title marketing, such as postcards, blowups, promotional items, and other projects pending experience.
- Writes copy, designs print and web ads.
- Works with marketing to schedule print jobs and maintain ad schedule, works with outside vendors on estimates and printing, creates purchase orders.
- Manages catalog for assigned imprint(s): maintains schedule and edits copy for eCatalog workflow.
- Provides administrative support including coding invoices; digital asset management/uploading for ad agency, catalog, and egalleys.
- 4 year college degree or equivalent work experience required
- 1 year prior experience in publishing, advertising, or equivalent marketing-related field
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite programs and strong design skills required: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Working knowledge of print production strongly encouraged
- Knowledge of Edelweiss, Content Management systems, and HTML and Flash a plus
- Must possess skill to prioritize multiple ongoing projects
HarperCollins Publishers is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Purpose: Join the publishing industry and gain valuable skills while assisting busy, creative marketing team with the preparation of a wide range of time-sensitive projects: Gain valuable skills and experience while assisting busy, creative marketing team with the preparation of a wide range of time-sensitive projects:
- Digital – web pages, online advertising, e-blasts
- Direct Mail – catalogs, self-mailers, letter/brochure mailings
- Data Management – list analyses, CRM, sales reports
- Sales support – presentations, webinars, sell sheets
- Exhibits – signage, booth layout, lead management
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating the preparation and distribution of marketing materials
- Follow-up with online ad and exhibit leads
- Basic copywriting and customized correspondence
- Occasional help at off-site exhibits and sales events
- Organization, data entry, photocopying and other administrative tasks
Job Requirements/Skills and Experience
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented, accurate and flexible
- Able to juggle multiple tasks and priorities under pressure
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (especially Excel and PowerPoint)
- BA/BS in Marketing, English or a related field is required.
Benchmark Education Company offers competitive compensation; a collegial work environment; and comprehensive benefits for permanent full time employees. We offer health benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision as well as, 401K Plan, Profit Sharing and Life Insurance.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include salary history and target in your letter.
Benchmark Education Company values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.