Publishers Weekly’s Book Review Department is looking for an intern to start in September and continue onto February. The positions are part-time, but if you love books and are considering a career in book or magazine publishing, Publishers Weekly’s Book Review department is the best place to learn about these rapidly changing industries.
Interns will have the opportunity to:
- Work closely with review editors
- Write, fact-check, and edit reviews
Interns will also help staff our very busy bookroom, which receives hundreds of books a week. Your job will include
- Unpacking books and trafficking them to editors and reviewers, and helping maintain a log of assignments
- Doing liaison work with publishers (requesting review copies, art, etc.)
- Learn tasks quickly
- Be organized and detail-oriented
- Follow through and meet tight deadlines
Students who are interested in this position, email Prof. Denning at email@example.com. The deadline is Aug. 19th.