Production and Editorial Internship
The RosettaBooks Production, Design, and Editorial Department is looking for reliable, technically savvy, grammatically proficient interns. This is an opportunity to get first-hand experience and training in print book and ebook creation, project management, and quality assurance.
As a small and collaborative team, we give our interns considerable responsibility and tools for skills development, as well as insight into multiple facets of the industry. Applicants should be eager to learn!
Internship responsibilities include:
- Using advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word to find manuscript errors
- Reviewing the work of proofreaders and other freelancers
- Making important, exciting shipments (a.k.a. mailing things)
- Using your HTML/CSS/InDesign skills to create top-notch ebooks (or learning said skills)
- Evaluating covers and interior designs
- Working with clients, vendors, and teammates to meet deadlines and maintain schedules
- Researching, writing metadata, making TIP sheets, and other miscellaneous tasks
This is a paid, part-time internship. The intern should be available to work 24-30 hours per week.
The position starts in September 2016.
If interested, please email Prof. Denning at email@example.com