The Authors Guild is seeking a detail-oriented and motivated marketing intern to work at our New York office. The internship will provide experience working in a literary non-profit that advocates for authors and provides educational and business services to authors. The intern will work closely with a small marketing and development team and will have regular meetings with a supervisor to review their work and answer any questions.
- Assisting with a recruitment initiative to inform authors about new membership categories and encourage them to join the Guild, including identifying and contacting authors
- Surveying authors by phone to discuss the services they need from a Guild
- Pitching, developing, and, if accepted, writing articles for our website geared toward MFA/writing students
- Developing social media content for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Staffing and helping coordinate virtual and in-person literary events
- Providing administrative support to a marketing and development team
- Detail-oriented and organized, with a passion to learn about the industry
- Resourceful and creative, takes initiative
- Ability to prioritize tasks with multiple ongoing projects
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, WordPress, and social media platforms
- Manages schedule and works with colleagues to meet deadlines
- General knowledge of contemporary authors and current releases; familiarity with literary organizations and publications
- Interest in learning about and protecting authors’ rights and writing as a profession
This is a part-time internship that will run from mid-September to mid-December. Intern must be able to work a minimum of ten hours per week in our New York City office. To apply, please send a concise cover letter, resume, and sample tweets for any three of the articles on authorsguild.org to email@example.com. Please consult our website and social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter) for more information about the Guild.
Students interested in the position should send their materials (concise cover letter, resume, and sample tweets for any three of the articles on authorsguild.org) as soon as possible to: