Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
• College background required-Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
• Minimum of 6 months office experience, with experience in science publishing or journal publishing preferred.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Must be well organized and attentive to detail.
• Exposure to MS Office essential; experience with databases desirable.
• Under supervision of editor, fulfill author/editor needs, build a “before, during and after” relationship with the author.
• Preparation of incoming manuscripts for production and publication; thorough scrutiny of manuscripts for internal consistency and completeness; completion of all forms to be circulated with manuscripts internally.
• Act as liaison between authors, production department, and promotion departments after manuscripts have been submitted to production.
• Prepare journal reports for editor and editorial board meetings; maintain close communication with academic journal editors and board members.
• Prepare contracts, arrange payments for authors and editors.
• Maintenance of projects databases and records for proposals, upcoming and published books.
• Solicit peer reviews for prospects and signed projects as needed or as directed by editor.
• Draft and edit back cover copy and book marketing plans for editor’s review and approval (in close cooperation with product management).
• Help editors prepare for conferences and select titles for display.
• Exhibits attendance.
• Perform related duties as required.
To apply for this position, click here!
HarperCollins Children’s Books Group is currently seeking a Production Editor to oversee the production editorial process on a wide variety of titles—from board books through young adult novels—under all of the Children’s Books Group imprints. This position is focused in particular on books in the I Can Read line of early readers, as well as picture books featuring such beloved characters as Pete the Cat, Pinkalicious, the Berenstain Bears, and Paddington.
• Prior production editorial experience required, preferably with a quality children’s publisher
• Solid copyediting and proofreading skills
• Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail
• Ability to set priorities under pressure
• Comfortable working within an expanding digital workflow system
• Brings a flexible, upbeat attitude to the job and enjoy working with a like-minded team
• College degree or equivalent experience required
• Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel; preferably some knowledge of InDesign and PDFs
• Copyediting and proofreading covers and jackets.
• Checking all stages of proofs and PDFs.
• Working knowledgeably with editors and designers in anticipating and solving issues.
• Following up with designers and editors in order to maintain schedules.
• Updating electronic schedules and working comfortably with basic computer programs, including Track Changes in Word and the RSuite content management system.
• Prioritizing work appropriately, meeting steady turnaround demands while maintaining very high quality
Cover letter strongly suggested
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume here!
Springer Nature is a major new force in scientific, scholarly, professional and educational publishing. By using its combined expertise, scale and the reach of our brands, the company aims to grow and innovate in order to better serve academic researchers, students, teachers, institutions, professionals and the wider public, by helping them discover more. Springer Nature was created through the combination of Nature Publishing Group, Palgrave Macmillan, Macmillan Education and Springer Science+Business Media in May 2015. This strategic merger brought together these dynamic publishing houses with more than 150 years of history behind them, as well as complementary geographic footprints and brand portfolios, a track record of creativity and innovation, and a shared vision to advance knowledge and learning around the world. The company numbers almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries and has a turnover of EURO 1.5 billion.
The Marketing Associate/Account Development Specialist will be responsible for all after-purchase client implementation and marketing support to drive high usage of Springer Nature e-resources for Master’s, Baccalaureate, and Community Colleges in the USA and Canada. Client engagement activities may include regional and national conferences, product roadshows, training, on site account reviews, discovery audits, local events, and custom promotions. Client usage monitoring and targeted intervention are at the heart of account development. The Specialist will effectively manage their own promotional and travel budget, and develop an annual account development plan for their region. The work involves cooperation across functional groups, and the successful Specialist will manage the coordination of consistent online and offline promotional programs via marketing services and online marketing teams, and will track, analyze and communicate results.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
• Must possess experience within library/information service industry and some experience with email/web marketing.
• Must have excellent grammar and English skills, be creative, and use self-initiative.
• Demonstrated ability to interact with other functional groups and gain cooperation from others.
• Must also commit to understanding client issues and to effective demonstration of Springer Nature e-Products.
• Must be very thorough, detail and completion oriented, and able to manage several projects simultaneously.
• Must be motivated to become a company expert in how the library channel works and must either possess or be eager to obtain the required knowledge.
• Able to use independent judgment to modify procedures and solve problems.
• Strong writing, presentation and analytical skills required.
• Up to 50% domestic and international travel required
• Provide pre- and post-sales customer support for products and feedback to account managers and eProduct managers.
• Conduct analyses and monitor usage statistics to evaluate and develop strategies to increase value.
• Implement on and offline marketing campaigns to promote usage, as needed.
• Enhance visibility of company in the marketplace through regional trade shows and conferences.
• Help plan and participate in customer programs such as summits, executive sponsor programs, road shows, account reviews and product/implementation training.
• Develop and conduct customer focused training programs, to promote customer satisfaction and usage resulting in renewal and revenue growth.
• Prepare the annual account development plan for assigned region in conjunction with licensing managers.
• Participate in the sales and marketing teams’ regular meetings.
• Manage customer relationship software as it pertains to account development activities in assigned region.
• Track marketing promotions and ROI through customer relationship management software, and report on current project status, marketing and travel budgets on a monthly basis
• Other related duties as needed.
To apply for this position, click here!
437 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY
Currently expanding the publishing division and is looking to hire a sales agent who can maximize an already productive sales team. Greater Talent is looking for an individual who can take their drive to succeed and apply it to a lucrative business career. If you thrive in a high energy, fast-paced, intellectual environment, it’s time to get in touch with Greater Talent.
• Experience specifically related to program content and speaker selection
• Previous work experience within book publishing
• Contacts in the corporate or literary marketplace
• Experience working within the events and/or meeting industry
• Has met sales goals with 2+ years proven sales experience
• Has proven ability to develop leads, prospect buyers, pitch clients creatively and close deals
• Savvy negotiator with an extremely professional phone and one-on-one presence
• Exhibits the utmost diplomacy, discretion and grace under pressure
• Fluent with Microsoft Office Suite; FileMaker experience a plus
• Well organized and able to keep detailed records of authors and events
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Voracious reader, immersed in literature, current events and culture
• Self-motivated, strong work ethic and driven to meet sales goals
Please email a resume & cover letter with “Publisher Speaker Division” as the subject to email@example.com