Summer Publishing Internship
Sudaquia Editores is looking for an unpaid, full-time intern, to work during the summer in our dynamic team. Ideal candidates are self-starters who can work independently and collaboratively; have writing, research and communication skills in English and Spanish; are creative thinkers; and have a strong interest in contemporary Latin-American literature in Spanish.
We don’t have formal “departments” at Sudaquia Editores, so our interns have the opportunity to participate in a wide range of tasks–ranging from editorial to publicity / marketing, to production, and everything between.
The ideal candidate should be familiar with various social media platforms (including but not limed to Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram, Goodreads, Booklikes). As intern, you will be asked to:
- Write press releases for books, events and promotions.
- Create and manage online marketing campaigns targeting readers (of books in Spanish), libraries, bookstores, and college students and teachers.
- Contribute in the management of ours social media platforms, creating engaging content, most of it in Spanish.
- Write and publish original content in Spanish including books reviews, and updates in our website, Sudaquia.net
Note that publicity and marketing intern will not work exclusively on publicity and marketing and will be ask to do other administrative chores around the office.
- Bachelors Degree related to Communications
- Outstanding knowledge of Spanish and English languages. Better if Spanish native speaker.
- Active interest in Latin-American literature and books in Spanish.
- Experience designing promotional and marketing material.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), and Microsoft Office.
- Keen attention to detail and ability to multitask while maintaining a sense of humor.
- Natural to Internet research and Social Media interaction.
If you are interested, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.