650 is searching for media and communications interns for the summer. The position is remote, and applicants are expected to 8-12 hours a week for school credit. Interns will be working primarily on social media, email marketing, and website maintenance.
650 is a showcase group that hosts spoken word and other book-related events. Though they have printed anthologies, their main niche is in readings and staged events that are made viewable via video archives, podcasts, and broadcasts.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualities:
- Working knowledge of email servers such as MailChimp and HootSuite
- Working knowledge of social media and blogging platforms, including WordPress
- Working knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel
Intern responsibilities will include:
- Email management
- Establishing and/or maintaining social media platforms and profiles (ie Facebook, Twitter, SnapChat, Instagram, and LinkedIn)
- Event Promotion and ticket sales
- Call for entries
- Post-event promotion
- Press releases/call for entries to trade media
Students interested in applying should send a cover letter and resume as soon as possible to info@Read650.com.