Thomas Publishing Company: Junior Editorial Content Analyst
Thomas Publishing Company is the lead destination in the industrial marketplace for buyers and sellers to efficiently find, identify, and buy the products and services that keep manufacturing and other business operations running. Our editorial database offers the most comprehensive, up-to-date content to source industrial products and services available on the web.
- As a Junior Editorial Content Analyst, you will research and investigate industrial websites to determine appropriate material for inclusion in ThomasNet.com
- Be an Internet research enthusiast to identify new data to add to company profiles
- Continuous quality control to ensure supplier’s product and services are accurately represented
- Engage in additional research projects (ex: classifying product catalogs; adding links to supplier listings; adding classifications for a current listing)
- A college degree or related experience
- Permanent US work authorization
- Be curious by nature, and demonstrate this ability through investigative content research
- Be persistent in the pursuit of information capturing accurate data
- Be proficient in Excel and Access
- Manage multiple responsibilities and excel in a fast-paced environment
- Be goal-oriented and self-motivated
- Demonstrate an interest in industrial manufacturing
For more information and to apply, click here.
Rosen Publishing: Editorial Assistant
Rosen Publishing, an independent educational publishing house that serves the needs of students in grades Pre-K through 12 with high interest, curriculum-correlated materials, is seeking qualified, detail-oriented, and highly organized and professional candidates for an Editorial Assistant position.
The successful candidate should be able to communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues in multiple departments, juggle and complete multiple tasks concurrently, pay meticulous detail to the accuracy of the work produced, and maintain rigorously organized records, files, and data storage systems. This is an excellent opportunity to learn all aspects of the editorial process in a fast-paced environment. Ideally, the candidate would be able to begin immediately. Duties and requirements are listed below:
- Draft, track, and file contracts and payment requests
- Update and maintain database of book contributors
- Update and maintain database of in-process book projects and associated data
- Submit cataloguing information to the Library of Congress
- Correspond with authors and editors
- Enter data for marketing purposes
- Various other administrative tasks, as assigned
- Occasional copyediting and line-editing as needed, in Word and/or InCopy
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Strong proofreading skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- 6 mos. related work experience preferred
For more information and to apply, click here.
Stone Management: Desktop Publisher
Stone Management is seeking a Desktop Publisher to join their growing Electronic Publishing (EP) team in the Investor Relations department. Our goal is to efficiently and accurately publish all research, press releases, and other relevant materials to the website. You will have principal responsibility for reviewing all materials before publishing to the site.
You will assist the publishing team by working with other members of the EP team to publish all content to the company website. Your primary responsibility will be reviewing and formatting reports and press releases ensuring they adhere to the company’s aesthetic and style guide and are consistent among the company’s various sectors.
You will support the team by creating email campaigns for wide distribution and will maintain multiple distributions lists. As a Desktop Publisher, you will maintain all report and email campaign analytics, in addition to updating all MS Word templates and publishing style guides. You will format special reports for publication and news articles for print by utilizing Adobe InDesign. You will support the team by assisting in editing PowerPoint presentations and in creating and updating graphics for marketing collateral and for the website.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree and/or a proven track record of relevant experience multi-tasking under pressure in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Possess advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Microsoft Outlook
- Have intermediate knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite required (mainly InDesign and Photoshop)
- Have knowledge of MailChimp a plus
- Have excellent written communication skills and you are detail oriented
- Are able to work independently, take initiative and are enthusiastic about contributing innovative ideas to support the team
- Background knowledge of financial markets a big plus
For more information, click here.