Berghahn Books | Editorial Assistant
Berghahn Books is an independent publisher of scholarly books and journals in the Humanities and Social Sciences. It has over 40 journals, and publishes more than 100 titles each year in subjects such as Anthropology, Migration & Refugee Studies, Geography, History, and Film Studies.
Berghahn Books is currently looking for an Editorial Assistant to help the acquisitions editor in its book division. The ideal candidate will support the Editorial department in day-to-day operations and work closely with authors and their manuscripts.
- Work with authors to ensure timely submission of manuscripts, images, permissions, and other deliverables
- Prepare materials for handover to the Production department
- Liaise with Sales & Marketing department regarding new publications
- Maintain schedules and departmental databases
- Provide administrative support for peer reviews and other aspects of the acquisitions process
- Draft cover and catalogue copy
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and manage time efficiently in a small-firm environment
- Familiarity with MS Office suite; experience with FileMaker Pro and Adobe Creative suite a plus
- Basic understanding of/demonstrated interest in higher education and the subject areas in which Berghahn publishes are strongly preferred
To apply for this job, send your cover letter and resume to Senior Editor Chris Chappell (firstname.lastname@example.org).