1. “I hate to hear you talk about all women as if they were fine ladies instead of rational creatures. None of us want to be in calm waters all our lives.” – Jane Austen, Persuasion 

2. “We do not need magic to transform our world. We carry all the power we need inside ourselves already. We have the power to imagine better.” – J.K. Rowling

3. “You wanna fly, you got to give up the sh*t that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

4. “It’s where we go, and what we do when we get there, that tells us who we really are.” – Joyce Carol Oates

5. “When the language one identifies with is far away, one does everything possible to keep it alive. Because words bring back everything: the place, the people, the life, the streets, the life, the sky, the flowers, the sounds. When you live without your own language you feel weightless and, at the same time, overloaded. Your breathe another type of air, at a different altitude. You are always aware of the difference.” – Jhumpa Lahiri, In Other Words

6. “I’m a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That’s me.”
– Maya Angelou, “Phenomenal Woman”

7. “The book to read is not the one which thinks for you, but the one which makes you think. No book in the world equals the Bible for that.” – Harper Lee

8.  “Don’t wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you’ve got to make yourself.” – Alice Walker 

9. “I write entirely to find out what I’m thinking, what I’m looking at, what I see and what it means. What I want and what I fear.” – Joan Didion

10. “The only book that is worth writing is the one we don’t have the courage or strength to write. The book that hurts us (we who are writing), that makes us tremble, redden, bleed” – Hélène Cixous