Publishing is a business of relationships. MS in Publishing students have an opportunity to meet and learn about the business from industry leaders through the fall Speed Mentoring event held via Zoom on Tuesday, October 27 from 6 pm to 8 pm.
During the event, students will be placed into breakout rooms with their chosen mentors, and throughout the night, students will have the opportunity to speak to five mentors in total. This year’s mentors include:
- Dave Caplan, Creative Director at Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
- Michael Duffy, Associate Vice President of Library Sales at Sage Publishing, MS in Publishing alum
- April Flores, Director of Consumer Insights at Penguin Random House, MS in Publishing alum
- Tara Hart. Manager, Permissions and Rights at Penguin Random House Audio, MS in Publishing alum
- Joan Hilty, Editor, Comics & Graphic Novels & Legacy Publishing at Nickelodeon
- Keith Kahla, Executive Editor at St. Martins
- Ebony LaDelle, Associate Director, Marketing, at HarperCollins, MS in Publishing alum
- Sara Nelson, Vice President, Executive Editor, and Special Advisor to the Publisher at HarperCollins
- Clare McGlade Perrett, Senior Production Editor at Simon & Schuster, MS in Publishing alum
- John Thomas, Executive VP and Publisher of Psychology Today
- Karen Torres, VP and Director of Field Sales and Account Marketing at Hachette Book Group
- Jennifer Weltz, President of Jean V. Naggar Literary Agency
- Suzanne Wickham, Consultant and Senior Director of Publicity at Wickham Beaird Public Relations
- Nancy Wiese, VP of Subsidiary Rights at Hachette Book Group
- Phoebe Yeh, VP and Publisher at Crown Books for Young Readers at Random House.
Come meet industry leaders; ask questions; and make a connection. Interested students should RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, October 21, with their top five mentor choices!