Mark Pomerantz, retired New York Criminal Prosecutor, has written an inside account of Donald Trump and the Trump Organization. In the book, to be published by Simon & Schuster, he explains why Trump should be prosecuted and indicted for his financial crimes.

Trump’s lawyer, Joe Tacopina, cautions Pomerantz and Simon and Schuster officials against publishing the book, stating that it contains false and defamatory statements. In this letter, which was shared with Publisher’s Weekly, Tacopina threatens S&S with legal action.

“Trust me, I will zealously use every possible legal resource to punish you and your publisher for the incredible financial harm that you have caused my clients to suffer,” Tacopina wrote. Clients, as in Trump and the Trump Organization.

Pomerantz is not the first author to be threatened by Trump for publishing a book about his actions. Back in 2018, Trump’s lawyers sent a cease-and-desist letter to Henry Holt—imprint of Macmillan—and author Michael Wolff for his book Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House.

The retired lawyer was not cowed into submission. Pomerantz released a statement in response, where he said “If the former president should sue me, I will defend that litigation. I stand by the statements I have made previously, and those contained in my forthcoming book.”

Pomerantz has experience in litigating white collar and organized crime cases. He prosecuted and defended cases involving murder, drug trafficking, political corruption, tax evasion, and financial fraud, according to the official book synopsis on Simon & Schuster’s website.

The retired lawyer was brought on to investigate Trump by the Manhattan DA in February of 2021 and since has immersed himself in Donald Trump and the Trump Organization’s history and business practices. This work led to the indictment of Allen Weisselberg, the chief financial officer of the Trump Organization.

People vs. Donald Trump: An Inside Account will be published February 7, 2023.

You can read more about the book and Pomerantz work, here.