Favorite Quote: “…if we aren’t vigilant, we can move through our entire lives feeling smaller than we actually are—by playing it safe, by unconsciously giving away our power, by dimming our radiance, by not recognizing there is always so much more waiting for us on the other side of fear.” Elaine Welteroth, More Than Enough (2019)

Favorite Course: Internship I, Magazine Production & Design

What are your plans post-graduation?

After graduation, I will enter magazine publishing. Currently, I am interested in landing roles at Condé Nast (The New Yorker, Allure, and GQ) and Hearst Magazines (Oprah Daily, Cosmopolitan, Elle).

How do you think classes prepared you for your career in publishing?

I think actively contributing to class discussions and connecting with my professors ultimately prepared me for my career. I took the time to build relationships with them, learn about their experiences within the industry, and ask for their advice on my career path. In doing so, I was able to gain more confidence in my craft as well as my ability to foster other professional connections within the industry. Some of my favorite professors include Professors Jennifer Romanello, Ivy Ford, Kristin Sandberg, and Paul Levitz.

What are your favorite moments in the program?

Honestly, I loved any moment that allowed me to truly connect with my fellow students. This usually included study nights, groups projects or student mixers.

Advice for incoming/current students?

Take the time to connect with your peers, professors, and program alumni. Learning to network will give you a leg up in applying to and landing positions in the industry.

What are your five to ten-year hopes & goals you want to accomplish?

In five years, I would love to be an editor at one of the magazines mentioned above and well-known in my industry. I hope that I will be able to contribute to cultural conversations in a thoughtful and impactful way regardless of what brand I am working at. In ten years, I would like to be a senior/section editor of a magazine while being groomed to eventually become Editor in Chief. 

What are you reading right now? 

I usually like to read a fiction and non-fiction book at the same time. Right now, those are The Four Agreements by Miguel Ruiz and Twisted Love by Anan Huang, I am most looking forward to the release of Homebodies by Tembe Denton-Hurst (May 2023) and Sarah J. Maas’s third Cresent City installment House of Flame and Shadow (Jan. 2024).