On the first day of classes, a few of our students (Oriana, Zetta, Liz, Chardonnae, and Kayleigh) went to Sweet Pickle Books to feed their curiosity surrounding the peculiar name. Kayleigh told them about the unique bookstore that accepts books in exchange for a jar of pickles. Naturally, they had to go investigate for themselves. Upon arrival, the store had several genres on display for customers to explore. There was also merchandise placed around the store for customers to shop, ranging from zany pickle sweatshirts to pickle themed stickers. The bookstore had a quaint charm to it and everyone who went found some interesting reads to take home that day or saved the name of books so that they could purchase in the future. It was quite tempting not to purchase every single interesting book in the store. Kayleigh went in for a jar of pickles and still ended up leaving with some new reads. The bookstore gave off the vibe that there was a book for every reader on the shelves. The clerk as well as other fellow store browsers had kind energy, which is a true staple for browsing books in peace. Based on this experience, Sweet Pickle Books will see students in the publishing program again very soon! 

Kayleigh: “I take advantage of their system that allows people to trade five books for a jar of pickles. I buy more pickles for them than I do books, so getting a jar free while also freeing up my shelf space is great. I always go for the farmhouse pickles!” 

Bookstore Address : 47 Orchard St, New York, NY 10002