Interested in learning about the publishing industry from experts in every department, all in one evening?
On Wednesday, November 10, sixteen industry professionals will participate in a Speed Mentoring session exclusively for Pace students.
Join us for this Speed Mentoring event, where you’ll get the opportunity to connect with Mentors from all aspects of the publishing industry. Each student will get to meet in Zoom break-out rooms with four of the Mentors.
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 2. In your RSVP, let us know your top five mentor choices and we’ll do our best to pair you with them, but we may match you up with other mentors as well.
This year, our mentors are:
- Dave Caplan: VP, Creative Director, Little Brown
- Andrea Colvin: Editorial Director, Graphic Publishing, Little Brown
- Ann Dye: Senior Director, Marketing, Harper Collins
- April Flores: Director, Consumer Insights, Penguin Random House
- Lauren Forgione: Editorial Director of StackCommerce
- Alex Grover: Sr. Manager, e-books Production, Penguin Random House
- Ebony LaDelle: Marketing Director, Brand Publishing, PRH
- Diana Cavallo Pannella: Sr. Vertical Marketer at Amazon
- Andrea Pappenheimer: SVP, Children’s Sales, Harper Collins
- Andrea Rosen: SVP, Special Markets, Harper Collins
- Sharyn Rosenblum: Senior Director, Media Relations, HarperCollins
- Don Schmidt: Creative Director, The Big Kahuna Enterprises
- Andrea Schulz: Editor-in-Chief, Viking
- Ed Spade: SVP, Online Sales, Harper Collins
- Karen Torres: VP, Director Field Sales, Hachette
- Jennifer Weltz: President, Jean V. Naggar Literary Agency
To ensure you get the most out of this unique experience, students should do some research on the Mentors to get a better idea of who they’d like to speak to and come prepared with thoughtful questions about their role in the industry. We’ll let you know who you’ll be speaking to in a follow up email once you have RSVP’d.
Keep in mind, many of our Mentors have been working in publishing for some time and have many other areas of expertise than what is reflected by their job titles. Do some research—you’ll see!
Speed Mentoring will take place on Wednesday, November 10th from 6 pm to 7:30 pm on Zoom. We’ll send out Zoom access instructions closer to the date.